BirminghamAGO Online

Birmingham AGO Logo

This page was opened in a secondary window on your computer.

To return to BirminghamAGO Online, please close this window or tab.

First Presbyterian Church
Aeolian-Skinner Opus 1160 (1951)
Additions by Dennis Milnar (1998)

The present building dates from 1885, and is one of the older church buildings in the city. In 1921, the interior of the building was significantly modified because of the proposed widening of 21st Street. At that time the present entry was added where the altar had been originally. At the opposite end, Aeolian-Skinner installed a new instrument in 1951, replacing an older Jardine. In 1998 Dennis Milnar renovated the action, relocated the Great principals, and added four stops.

Stoplist

Great  
Choir
  Swell   Pedal  
8
*
Open Diapason
8
Viola  
16
Gedeckt  
16
Contrebasse  
8
Harmonic Flute
8
Concert Flute  
8
Geigen Diapason  
16
Bourdon  
8
Gemshorn
8
Dulciana  
8
Chimney Flute  
16
Gedeckt (SW)  
4
*
Octave
8
Unda maris  
8
alicional  
8
Octave  
4
Flute
4
+ Principal  
8
Voix celeste  
8
Flute  
2 2/3
*
Twelfth
4
Flute  
4
Octave  
8
Chimney Flute (SW)  
2
* Fifteenth
2 2/3
Nazard  
4
Triangle Flute  
4
Choralbass  
+
Mixture IV
2
Piccolo  
2
Flautino  
4
Flute  
8
+ Trumpet
1 3/5
+ Tierce   Mixture III  
16
Trombone  
Chimes
8
Clarinet  
16
Fagotto  
16
Fagotto (SW)  
8
Trompette
8
Tromba
         
8
Oboe   Chimes (GT)  
         
8
Vox humana          
         
4
Clarion          
* Stops added by Dennis Milnar, 1998
+ Stops relocated to new chests, 1998