Join the Harmony of Music and Faith at Grace Episcopal Church-Woodlawn
Organist/Choir Director Position
Grace-Woodlawn Church, an Anglo-Catholic Parish, is looking for an Organist/Choir Director to enhance our worship experience. The candidate should be able to serve as organist for and to lead the choir during weekly services and special services throughout the liturgical year [additional services during the Christmas season and during Holy Week]. [S]he will need to collaborate with the Rector to identify music that complements the scripture. This is a part time position requiring about 8 hours most weeks, 8-16 hours when additional services are scheduled. Salary is competitive.
· Proficiency in playing the organ and in directing a choir.
· Knowledge of various music styles, from traditional hymns to contemporary worship songs. Classical training preferred.
· Directing skills, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to recruit and to hire additional choir members.
· Desire for fostering an inclusive Episcopal community and motivation for growing the music ministry.
For more information or application, please contact John Carpenter, 205 910 8886, email@example.com
Grace Episcopal Church-Woodlawn is an equal opportunity employer. Information about Grace-Woodlawn can be found at www.gracechurchwoodlawn.org.